1. What makes a good director? A good producer?
2. How do I decide if a script would make a good movie? How can I read a script from a producer's or financier's point of view rather than just from a creative perspective?
3. Of what use is a business plan in seeking film finance? Do I need one? How do I prepare it? What should it include?
4. How does one determine the budget of a feature film and what impact does the budget have on your chances of getting financed?
5. Who are the ideal film investors and why do they invest?
6. What are a film investor's main concerns? What do I say and not say to my potential investors that (a) entices them to invest, and (b) keeps me "legal"?
7. What do I look for in choosing key crew members (e.g., a director of photography) and how do I find them?
8. If I do make a film, how do I get it into the marketplace?
9. How do I "pitch" an idea or sell a screenplay?
10. What are the major factors in successful screenwriting?
11. What are the key differences between "studio" and "independent" film production?
12. Of what value are film schools and film festivals? How do I determine the best ones for me or my project?